LAURENCE P. STUART
Author / Career Coach / Job Interview Consultant
Laurence P. Stuart is an author, job interview consultant, professional speaker, businessman, family man, a joy to know, a natural mentor, and a breath of fresh air just when you need it! He has sold over 30,000 books relating to interviewing skills and spoken to thousands of clients over the last 15 years, all after completing a successful career in both the manufacturing and retail sectors. He is an exciting professional speaker with expertise in job interviewing and soft-skills training, as well as an accomplished author.
Stuart spent more than 40 years in corporate America, starting as an assistant in the advertising department of a soft-goods manufacturing firm, and rising to the position of Senior Vice President of Marketing and Sales for major manufacturing companies such as WEMCO, INC., and Randa Corp., and in retail with Hart Schaffner & Marx, Herberger’s, a division of SAKS, Inc., and Belk, Inc., a department store group. He was also the President of Christian Dior Neckwear, a division of Warnaco, and CEO of The Whitesands Marketing Group.
Stuart founded College to Career Guidance Seminars Inc. in 2003, and conducted seminars at universities, community colleges, technical schools, high schools and middle schools on how to develop and use social skills, as well as how to research, prepare, and practice for the interview process that students will eventually face as they make their way into the business world. Thousands of job candidates have attended his upbeat, offbeat, and inspirational seminars.
My Interview Training, L.L.C. is the successor to his original company, and broadens the audience and scope of vital information that job candidates need to know in order to interview successfully. The company creates different types of programs (online video training, enhanced e-books, one-to-one job interview consulting, classroom setting, etc.) to meet the needs of people at varying levels in their careers and offers multiple learning mediums to help the client train in an environment and style that is best for them. Laurence continually researches and writes about the latest trends in human resources and hiring to help keep clients best prepared.
Laurence is a sought-after motivational public speaker and has entertained corporate groups across the country on topics such as:
- How to Sell Anything
- Looking on the bright side
- The last three feet to the cash register
- Lord, it’s hard to be humble
- How to hire the “right” people for the “right” jobs.
In addition to speaking, Stuart is a nationally and internationally published author. His body of work includes:
- Dreams Can Come True: The Inspiring Story of Samuel C. Pulitzer (Advisions, 1989)
- How to get the job you want! (College Edition, 2003)
- Integrated Business Communication: In a Global Marketplace (John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., 2007)
- High School: It’s Your Life… What are you going to do with it! (2012 enhanced e-book)
- How to get the job you want! (Travitor/Udemy – Video Training Program, 2015)
- Vintage New Orleans (Pequot Press, 2015).
- How to hire the right people for the right jobs! (Travitor/Udemy – Video Training Program, 2017)